Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wraithbone is growing nicely.

My Farseer has been repaired and final touches of the conversion finished (hopefully the green stuff will look better once I have paint on the model). I think I still have a lot to learn with green stuff.

What I have put together so far and what is primed. The second squad is actually almost finished now. 1 more wraith lord, 2 more war walkers, and maybe another 10 wraithguard and I'll have everything I need to finish my army. As a side note, work on my avatar is still under way... maybe more in the next update.

Finally some paint on my test model. This is closed to my final paint scheme, with a couple modifications. Also after I seal the model I will be going over the bone-white areas and jems with a gloss varnish. We will see what it looks like once the test model is finished and then the rest will be painted shortly after.

4 comments:

  1. That last picture is a little blurry but your color scheme looks nice and clean. I can't tell if there is any lining on the black. I love the purple of the gem, so if you add any other details I'd go with that purple. You might even line the black in purple..

    Also, I love the big-brother wraithlord standing behind the painted wraithguard. Very, very cool. HUGE SUCCESS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought about lining in purple... thank you for the idea, Rabid! Yeah it was hard to get a clean picture... that last one is the best out of three.

    I'm glad you like the wraithlord conversion. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving that conversion of the Farseer. I think the paint will cover the greestuff arm nicely... Are you going to do runes on the wraithguard head? It seems like a "waste" of all that canvas. Ditto on RC's comment on the 'lord - that looks damn cool...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really ironic - I've just discovered your blog and I'm doing nearly exactly the same force:

    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b93/exoditejon/Agaetis%20Wraith%20Eldar/WraithHostWIP1.jpg

    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b93/exoditejon/Agaetis%20Wraith%20Eldar/WraithHost2.jpg

    My Ghost Warriors are going to count as Striking Scorpions, and I'm using Epic Knights as Warlocks. Still not sure how to do my HQ though!

    ReplyDelete